Friday, November 8, 2013

Punch Art-I started...

Have you ever seen those adorable punch art images? You use multiple punches to layer them to create an image like a lion or a flower. I have been pinning these images for awhile now. Today I decided to follow my own advice and just make one. Just Start!

I hesitate for months because I don't have many punches but I do have a cricut with a handful of cartridges that cut shapes.

I picked a character I couldn't simply cut on the cricut & was related to Christmas. How does Sam look? I think he turned out pretty good for my first attempt.



I started with a punch elf art and matched shapes to my cartridges. I cut several sizes until I was content. Below are cutting details.
 

Hat
  • George and Basic shapes, rounded corner triangle - 2 3/4
  • Brim: George..., rounded #4 rectangle  - 3
  • Mini Monograms Flower  - 3/4
Ears
  • Plantin Schoolbook leaf -3 1/4 & 2 3/4
Face
  • Home Accents leaf shadow - 5
Nose & Eyes
  • George and Basic shapes circle - 1 , 1/2, 1/4
  • Nose 3/4

No comments:

Post a Comment