Monday, August 12, 2013

Lavender & Sage

 Lavender & Sage Centerpiece



It's wrapped around a glass jar. I placed the twine on the table, then laid the lavender on top. I laid the glass at one end and rolled until the ends met. Don't pull the twine too tight or you can break the Lavender. Wrap the twine around a few more times.

I trimmed back our sage and slid the stems under the twine.





As the sun was setting, I went back outside and carefully placed another jar on top with a candle inside. The inspiration for this piece contained a lit candle in the main glass that the lavender was wrapped around. Neither seem safe to me but I took some photos before blowing the candle out.

The top photo is with a backlight flash. The blurry jar was sponged with mod podge and food dye on the outside only. I couldn't resist placing the jars on the ledge for a sunset setting.

Burning dried lavender smells so good. It doesn't really burn when fresh. I would be cautious around an open flame since it does contain oils. Lavender is known to have a calming affect and it repels many bugs that bite.

The sage isn't my favorite herb to burn. Some say the scent resembles Marijuana. I have heard some burn sage to ward off evil spirits. You would do this in every room, filling the house with the scent. Sage does give off A LOT of smoke.

Lovely handmade vase showcasing the herbs in your garden while naturally repelling the bugs.

I did originally see this tip on Pinterest but the original blog is now closed.

If you like this post then you will like the post on Gardening to reply bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment